Saturday, October 5, 2013

I bought a new camera!

Last month, I bought a new camera kit bundle.  It was a Best Buy special that included the Canon EOS 60D body, the EF 50 mm f/1.8 II lens, the EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, the Speedlite 320 EX external flash, and a Lowepro Nova 180 AW Photo Bag.  Total price not including taxes was $999 CDN.

Normally you will see the Canon 60D cameras bundled with the 18-55 mm kit lens, and additionally the 75-300 mm telephoto zoom lens for the same price.  When there's a special promotion, you might find retailers offering the Canon 60D paired with the 18-135 mm lens also under the $1000 price point.

I know what you're thinking, why didn't I buy the brand new Canon EOS 70D that was just released in September?  Well, for one thing, it's a whole lot more money than I have to spend.  As a newbie to photography, I probably won't be able to fully appreciate all of the latest features.  For now, I'd like to concentrate on understanding all I can about apertures, focal lengths, shutter speeds, etc.  I think the Canon 60D is probably enough camera for me right now.

I usually stake out the camera prices on photoprice.ca.  It gives me a timely update on cameras, lenses and accessories that I'm watching out for.  Too bad they don't have a similar website for LED TV pricing!

Anyways, I created this blog to consolidate all the useful information about using the Canon 60D into one place.  I'm still a newbie so I will be trying to learn a lot more about cameras and photography in the coming months.


No comments:

Post a Comment