Saturday, October 12, 2013

My other cameras

In truth, the Canon 60D won't be the first camera I've ever used, but it will be my first Digital SLR, if you don't count my Micro Four Thirds camera, the Lumix G2 by Panasonic.

The Lumix G2 has all the features of a DSLR but at a cheaper price point and in more compact form.  I've been using mine for the last two years and it's light and small and very easy to take travelling.  You can even change the lens on the camera but I've only ever used the kit lens which is the 14-42 mm all purpose lens.  It takes great daylight shots, but not so great for low light.

That takes me to my handy Canon S90 camera which I've had since 2009.  It works really well in evening and low light conditions.  I bought it specifically to take pictures for my Japan vacation.  While the lens on the Canon S90 has zoom capability, it does not have interchangeable lens.  It does have aperture and shutter controls, and you can adjust the ISO and white balance settings.

Finally my first camera was a Sony Powershot which also took great pictures, but was somewhat limited in what it could do.


No comments:

Post a Comment