Saturday, October 19, 2013

What I use my cameras for

For the past few years, I've been trying to visually document my rather large die-cast car collection.  It's mostly comprised of little cars and trucks that are about 3 inches in length.  You may know these as Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars.  I collect other die-cast brands such as Johnny Lightning and Tomica, both brands being owned by the Tomy company in Japan.  Also in my collection are vehicles from Greenlight Collectibles, Motormax, Maisto, and Tonka.  I even have some Fire engines and emergency vehicles that are made by the now defunct Code 3 Collectibles and more recently the copycat company called Amercom.

I'll usually take pictures of my toy cars out in the backyard (natural light) or in my toy room (artificial light).   To capture the minute details of the minature cars, I need a camera that focuses well in a macro setting.

I also like to travel when possible and like to bring my camera to capture beautiful landscapes or exotic locales.  So I need a camera that will travel well, is lightweight and doesn't take up too much room in my backpack.  The cameras I have used so far have pretty much handled everything I could throw at them, but I'm thinking I need to up my game, hence the reason why I decided to buy the Canon 60D.

Here's a blog list of some of my die-cast pictures I've taken using my older cameras.

mytoycars.blogspot.com
hwpics.blogspot.com
code3diecast.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment